Chiranjeevi Yojana In Gujarat
The hospitals are paid 1600 rupees per delivery. The hospitals may offer additional services to patients and charge separate fees for them. By 2012, approximately 800 private-sector hospitals were participating and the program had helped pay for more than 800,000 deliveries.
Lead researcher Manoj Mohanan from Duke University along with his team surveyed 5,597 households in Gujarat to collect data on births that had occurred between 2005 and 2010.
Key program components
Under the scheme the government contracts private providers that volunteer to render their services by signing a memorandum of understanding with the district government. In return, they receive an advance payment to commence services and are compensated at about $4,500 per 100 deliveries (normal, caesarean, or with other complications). Any qualified private provider with basic facilities, such as labor and operating rooms, and access to blood and anesthetists can enroll in the program after a thorough orientation. CY beneficiaries are enrolled through their family health workers. The scheme uses the existing cards issued to families living below the poverty line by the rural development department of the state government to access services. In the first six months since the launch of the scheme, each provider performed 116 deliveries on average. The institutional delivery rate has increased to more than 81% from about 54.7% in 2005-2006. CY’s long-term goal is to achieve an institutional delivery rate of 95% by 2012.
Also View : Full Detail All Sarkari Yojana
Key program components include:
Benefits Package: CY uses demand-side financing to provide families living below the poverty line with access to a comprehensive benefits package that covers both direct and indirect costs, including free delivery (with no condition exclusions), free medicines after delivery, and transport reimbursement. In addition, it offers support to the attendant in exchange for lost wages. The payment method and formula encourage providers to reach a certain volume of work, avoid complicated transaction costs, and create a disincentive for unnecessary Caesarian sections.
Contract Management: CY’s district management authorities require participating doctors to maintain a case file for each patient they serve. Weekly records of the deliveries conducted by the providers are submitted to local authorities and the block (subdistrict) health officer, who regularly visits beneficiaries to monitor service quality and addresses grievances. Payment to providers is also made through block health officers based on instructions from district authorities. All districts send a monthly report to state authorities for review and feedback.
District Management Capacity: CY employs a decentralized management model that engages health officials at four government levels (state, district, block, and village) as facilitators and organizers of health services. To implement the scheme statewide, officials at various levels play interlinked and overlapping roles. These roles are divided into state level (statewide planning, implementation, and monitoring of the scheme), district level (districtwide implementation, provider enrollment and orientation, provider compensation, and report collection), block level (registration of beneficiaries, bill collection from providers, and overall supervision), and village level (motivating expectant mothers to use institutional delivery and facilitating their visit).
1 To 12th STD TextBooks
- Std 1 To 10 English Medium Text Book April 9, 2020
- Std 1 To 12 New Text Book April 9, 2020
- Now APL-1 families of the state will also get free grains pulses sugar April 8, 2020
- Western Railway Bhavnagar Recruitment 2020 April 8, 2020
- Sarkari Yojana PDF in Gujarati April 5, 2020
- Western Railway Ahmedabad Recruitment 2020 For Staff Nurse and Hospital Attendant April 5, 2020
- Weekly Learning Material for Std 3 To 9 April 4, 2020
- Aarogya Setu Application April 4, 2020
- Gujarati News Paper April 3, 2020
- Best Useful Book In PDF Format Easy Step To Download April 3, 2020
- PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana PM Kisan List 2020 April 2, 2020
- Bolo Learn to Read with Google April 2, 2020
- Last Date to pay electricity bill extended Till May 15 in Gujarat April 1, 2020
- Bharuch Civil Hospital Recruitment 2020 March 31, 2020
- Urban Health Society Bhavnagar Recruitment 2020 March 30, 2020
- GPSC Police Inspector & State Tax Inspector New Exam Date 2020 March 30, 2020
- Gujarat Rojgar Samachar Date : 25-03-2020 March 30, 2020
- Jamnagar Municipal Corporation Recruitment 2020 March 29, 2020
- Surat Municipal Corporation Recruitment 2020 March 29, 2020
- DHS Porbandar Recruitment 2020 March 29, 2020
- 10th 12th Pass
- Bharti Mela
- Document Verification
- Exam Calendar
- Graduate Post Graduate
- OMR Sheet
- Public Info
- Question Paper
- Railway Job
- Walking Interview
- Std 1 To 12 New Text Book
- Gujarat Govt To Launch Vali Dikari Yojna for girl Empowerment In The State
- Surat Municipal Corporation Recruitment 2020
- Applying Gujarat Land Mutation (Varsai / Hayati) through e-Dhara Centre
- Gujarat Postal Circle Recruitment 2020
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2019-20
- Know Grant Detail of Gram, Taluka And District Panchayat
- Shree Khedut Sahakari Khand Udyog Mandli Ltd Bardoli Recruitment 2020